An often underused, yet extremely valuable resource for PSU students is their academic adviser. The Undergraduate Adviser for English majors can assist you with academic planning and
help make sense of PSU's policies and procedures.
English Undergraduate Advisers
To schedule an appointment with an undergraduate adviser, please call the English Department at 503-725-3521.
Here are a few tips to get the best results from your advising appointment.
- Schedule an appointment in advance with a stated agenda. Write down your questions so you don't forget them
during your appointment.
- Come prepared to your advising session. Bring your DARS audit and read the requirements for your major/minor.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. Your adviser is there to answer them. University policy and procedures can be very complex, so asking questions is an excellent way to get a handle on them.
- If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, be courteous and call to cancel.
- Because the first and last two weeks of each term are the busiest for advisers, schedule longer conferences during the middle portion of the term.
- Understand that students are ultimately responsible for their education and their own decisions.